The Bowls Shop understands that the information you trust us with is important to you, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website and use your account to buy products.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product in our shops or by phone but don't have (or don't use) an account.
- When you contact us by any means with queries etc.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you have an account with us the personal data that we may collect from you includes your name, orders, billing/delivery address, email address, telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password that we cannot see.
- When you make a purchase as a guest we will collect the same basic data except there will be no encrypted login password.
- Purchases made by telephone or in our shops will also include not only the basic data but also payment card details.
Web browser cookies
- To make full use of online shopping on your computer, tablet or mobile phone you will need to accept cookies as we can only provide you with certain features of this website by using them.
- Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details.
- If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from thebowlsshop.com, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- If you'd like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website. Please note that this opens in a new window and we are not responsible for the content of external websites.
How and why do we use your personal data?
- To process any orders that you make online, by telephone or in our shops. If we don’t collect your personal data we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- Your details may need to be passed to a third party to deliver the product(s) you have ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc.
- In making online orders your details are passed through PayPal payment portal to process the payment whilst protecting both our business and you from fraud and other illegal activities.
- Your email address will be used to send information and updates pertaining to your order.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data to keep you informed/updated by occasional email Newsletters about relevant products, new products, special offers and other news from The Bowls Shop. You are free to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the Newsletter.
How we protect your personal data.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using https technology.
- Access to your personal data is password protected.
- Sensitive payment data arising out of an online purchase is processed by PayPal and is not retained within our administration.
- Sensitive payment data given when a purchase is made by telephone or in one of our shops is held securely for a reasonable period in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds etc.
- We monitor on a daily basis our IT system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and keep our website software up to date.
How long will we keep your personal data?
- Whenever we process your personal data, we’ll keep it only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- Personal data arising out of online purchases will be kept on the system for 5 years after which it will be deleted.
- Paperwork that arises out of a telephone or shop purchase will be shredded for security reasons.
- This earlier destruction does not affect any statutory rights and is undertaken for practical storage reasons.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. In doing so we assure ourselves that those organisations keep your data safe and protect your privacy.
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT developers and technicians who support our website.
- Courier companies and the Royal Mail in order to effect the delivery of goods.
An email automated marketing company who distribute on our behalf Newsletters drafted by us, that are specific to Bowls clothing and equipment in which you have previously taken an interest or made purchases.
For the avoidance of doubt, we do not and never shall sell your personal data to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
Where your personal data may be processed.
Sometimes we may need to share your personal data with third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to fulfil your order. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the UK but we do use internationally recognised third party courier services that have appropriate security and privacy standards in place.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. We will provide you with this information within one month of receiving your request.
You also have the right to contact us if your personal information is incorrect or if you believe we are no longer entitled to use your personal information.
In the event of either please use this page link: Contact Us.
Contacting the Regulator.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or you can go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns. If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
Changes to this Privacy Notice.
We will review our Privacy Notice from time to time and will place any updates on our website.
By email from our Contact Us page. Alternatively you can write to us at:
The Bowls Shop
1 Peppercorn Gardens
Radford Bridge Road
Tel: 0115 9292233.
Updated: 17 May 2018.